» AUCC INTRO
The American-Uzbekistan Chamber of Commerce (AUCC) seeks to promote trade and investment ties, cultural exchanges and bonds of friendship between the United States of America and the Republic of Uzbekistan. In performing these functions, the AUCC places primary emphasis on serving the needs and interests of its members.
Interview with AUCC Chairperson Carolyn Lamm Before 2012 Uzbekistan-US Annual Business Forum
Get Flash to see this player.
» AUCC events
» Contact us
Tax audit regulation adopted
The Tax Code, which came into force in 2020, in accordance with international standards, serves as an important document in the continuation of positive changes in the tax policy of our country.
For the purpose of practical implementation of the procedure for conducting a tax audit, on 30 June 2020, the Ministry of Justice of the Republic of Uzbekistan registered document No. 3251 "Regulations on the procedure for conducting a tax audit."
The regulation establishes the sequence of conducting tax audits by state tax authorities in relation to taxpayers related to a high degree of risk.
A tax audit is carried out by tax authorities for a certain period in order to verify the correctness of the calculation and payment of taxes and fees of a taxpayer, by studying and comparing his accounting, financial, statistical, banking and other documentation.
Tax audit is carried out in relation to taxpayers:
- with a high degree of tax risk, identified by the automated information system for analyzing the risks of tax authorities (software product "Risk Analysis");
- with a high degree of tax risk, who did not submit updated tax calculations in response to the tax authority’s request based on the results of a desk audit, who did not provide grounds for the discrepancies identified or provided grounds that were deemed insufficient;
- legal entities that voluntarily terminated their activities, and individual entrepreneurs that terminated their activities on their own initiative;
- taxpayers against whom a criminal case has been initiated;
- taxpayers who, during the period of a previously conducted tax audit, revealed new circumstances that were not known to the tax authority.
Tax audit is subdivided into categories depending on the degree of risk of non-payment of taxes (fees), carried out with or without prior notification to taxpayers.
An unannounced tax audit begins with taxpayers showing signs of tax evasion.
Signs of non-payment of taxes are determined in accordance with Articles 223 and 224 of the Tax Code.
Taxpayers who have no signs of non-payment of taxes are sent a notice of tax audit at least thirty calendar days before the start of the tax audit.
The notification indicates: the date of the start of the tax audit, the list of issues to be checked, the initial list of required documents, as well as other information required for the tax audit.
A tax audit is carried out before January 1, 2022 by notifying the Commissioner under the President of the Republic of Uzbekistan for the protection of the rights and legitimate interests of business entities on the appointment of a tax audit in the manner prescribed by law.
After the end of the tax audit, the results of the audit are entered into the Unified Electronic Accounting System of Audits within three days.