» AUCC INTRO
The American-Uzbekistan Chamber of Commerce (AUCC) seeks to promote trade and investment ties, cultural exchanges and bonds of friendship between the United States of America and the Republic of Uzbekistan. In performing these functions, the AUCC places primary emphasis on serving the needs and interests of its members.
Interview with AUCC Chairperson Carolyn Lamm Before 2012 Uzbekistan-US Annual Business Forum
Get Flash to see this player.
» AUCC events
» Contact us
Anti-crisis fund established in Uzbekistan
Decree of the President “On priority measures to mitigate the negative impact on the economy of the coronavirus pandemic and global crisis phenomena” was adopted.
In accordance with the Decree, the Anti-Crisis Fund in the amount of 10 trillion soums was created under the Ministry of Finance.
According to the Decree, from 1 April to 1 October 2020:
- for individual entrepreneurs, the minimum amount of social tax is reduced to 50 percent of monthly income tax;
- the amount of deductions for wholesalers of alcoholic beverages is reduced from 5 to 3 percent;
- fees for the right to retail alcohol products for public catering enterprises are reduced by 25 percent of the established amounts.
According to the Decree, from 1 April 2020, incomes of individuals received in the form of material benefits from charitable organizations are exempt from taxation.
Until 1 October 2020:
- the application of penalties to business entities for overdue receivables from foreign trade operations is suspended;
- the tax authorities suspend the calculation of interest on property tax, land tax and tax for the use of water resources to business entities experiencing temporary difficulties, and also do not take measures to enforce collection of tax debt.
Also, until 1 January 2021, the tax audit of the activities of business entities is suspended, with the exception of a tax audit conducted in criminal cases and in connection with the liquidation of a legal entity.
In accordance with the Decree, business entities are allowed to:
- export of goods without guarantee payment with existing overdue receivables not exceeding 10 percent of total exports of goods for the reporting year;
- during 2020, one-time operations on the import of technological equipment and raw materials in exchange for the repayment of overdue receivables from foreign trade operations.
According to the decree:
- parents (persons substituting them, guardians, trustees) quarantined due to infection with a coronavirus infection or suspected infection, as well as persons caring for their child under the age of 14, are paid temporary disability benefits in the amount of 100 percent of the average wage;
- termination of the employment contract with the employee who is the parent (person, substitute, guardian, trustee) of a child infected with coronavirus infection or quarantined, as well as under 14 years of age, is prohibited.
According to the decree:
- from 1 April 2020, the number of beneficiaries will be increased by 10 percent - families with children under the age of 14 years, to care for a child until he reaches the age of two years and material assistance;
- a daily supplement of 6 percent of the monthly salary of medical, sanitary-epidemiological and other employees for the period of their involvement in measures to counteract the spread of coronavirus infection is introduced;
- wages will be timely paid to employees of state educational institutions, sports and cultural institutions that have suspended their activities;
- a simplified system for issuing documents on temporary disability to the population will be organized.
The decree implements the following order:
- during the period of suspension of activities of preschool institutions and comprehensive schools, parents (persons, their substitutes, guardians, trustees) of pupils of preschool institutions and primary school students of secondary schools shall be granted annual leave (including those who have worked for less than 6 months), regardless of the schedule for using annual leave;
- during the period of quarantine measures, employers can transfer workers, especially pregnant women, the elderly, people with disabilities and suffering from chronic diseases, with their consent, to the remote method of work, flexible working hours or to work at home.