» AUCC INTRO
The American-Uzbekistan Chamber of Commerce (AUCC) seeks to promote trade and investment ties, cultural exchanges and bonds of friendship between the United States of America and the Republic of Uzbekistan. In performing these functions, the AUCC places primary emphasis on serving the needs and interests of its members.
Interview with AUCC Chairperson Carolyn Lamm Before 2012 Uzbekistan-US Annual Business Forum
Get Flash to see this player.
» AUCC events
» Contact us
BUSINESS OPPORTUNITIES IN UZBEKISTAN
Uzbekistan is a member of a number of international financial institutions, such as World Bank, Asian Development Bank, European Bank for Reconstruction and Development and the Islamic Development Bank. In the framework of cooperation with these institutions Uzbekistan has implemented and is implementing some joint projects in both manufacturing sector and in improvement of social sector and living standard of the population.
Since independence, the government has created a favorable investment climate with a system of legal guarantees and incentives for foreign investors, and elaborated a system of measures with the aim of stimulating the activity of enterprises with foreign participation.
The investment legislation of Uzbekistan is one of the most advanced in the legislative system of CIS countries. It includes major regulations of the international investment rights, in part, the regulation on the guarantees of foreign investors' rights, provision of privileges to investors and others.
The following legislative acts are the basis of legal regulation of foreign investment in the Republic of Uzbekistan:
- Law of the Republic of Uzbekistan "On foreign investments"
- Law of the Republic of Uzbekistan "On investment activities"
- Law of the Republic of Uzbekistan "On guarantees and means of protection of foreign investors' rights"
- Law of the Republic of Uzbekistan "On protection of investors' rights on the securities market",
- a number of regulatory and legal acts adopted in the form of resolutions of the President of the Republic of Uzbekistan and resolutions of the Government.