» AUCC INTRO
The American-Uzbekistan Chamber of Commerce (AUCC) seeks to promote trade and investment ties, cultural exchanges and bonds of friendship between the United States of America and the Republic of Uzbekistan. In performing these functions, the AUCC places primary emphasis on serving the needs and interests of its members.
Interview with AUCC Chairperson Carolyn Lamm Before 2012 Uzbekistan-US Annual Business Forum
Get Flash to see this player.
» AUCC events
» Contact us
AUCC CURRENT EVENTS
Event Time: 12:00 AM - 12:00 AM
Location: Washington, DC
The Uzbek Ministry of Foreign Economic Relations Investment & Trade, together with the U.S. Department of State, Department of Commerce, and the Office of The Trade Representative hosted an American-Uzbek Business Forum at the Embassy of Uzbekistan in Washington, D.C. on July 7, 2010.
A high-level Uzbek delegation from Tashkent, including senior management from key state organizations, made presentations to American industry and government delegates. The Deputy Minister of Foreign Economic Relations Investment & Trade lead the delegation, which included senior management from:
- UzbekNefteGaz -- the national oil & gas national holding company (Download Presentation)
- Uzfarmsanoat -- the national pharmaceutical company
- Uzenergo -- the state power generation and distribution company (Download Presentation)
- Uzavtosanoat -- the state automotive production partner of General Motors (Download Presentation)
- Uzstroymaterialiy -- the state construction materials company (Download Presentation)
- Uzeltehsanoat -- the state high technology entity for electrotechnics (Download Presentation)
- Jurabek Laboratories -- an agricultural joint venture
Copies of PowerPoint presentations from these presenters will posted on this page as they become available. Click here to download the brochure for the American-Uzbek Business Forum.
Since independence, the Government of Uzbekistan has made a steady transition to a market-based economy. The progress with economic policy reforms has been cautious, but cumulatively Uzbekistan has registered respectable achievements in GDP and structural reform, particularly in the area of improving the investment climate for foreign investors.
Click here to read Uzbekistan Daily's article about the American-Uzbek Business Forum.
For additional information, please contact:
Ms. Bridget Karl
American-Uzbekistan Chamber of Commerce
1300 Connecticut Avenue, NW, Suite 501
Washington, DC 20036
Phone: +1 (202) 223-1770